Do I get certified after passing the exam?
Share this article:
Passing the exam alone is not sufficient to get certified. To earn the CMA, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Maintain membership in IMA.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or an equivalent degree as determined by an independent evaluation agency). For more info, please check the Education - Qualification Section of the CMA Handbook.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management. For more info, please check to the Experience Qualification section of the CMA Handbook.
- Entrance into the CMA program.
- Complete and pass Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam.
- Abide by the IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.