Certified Management Accountant
The CMA is your gateway to a world of opportunities .
CMA Topic Guide
Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance, and Analytics
External Financial Reporting Decisions (15%)
- Financial statements; Recognition, measurement, valuation, and disclosure.
CMA 1B: Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (20%)
- Strategic planning; Budgeting concepts; Forecasting techniques; Budget methodologies; Annual profit plan and supporting schedules; Top-level planning and analysis.
CMA 1C: Performance Management (20%)
- Cost and variance measures; Responsibility centers and reporting segments; Performance measures.
CMA 1D: Cost Management (15%)
- Measurement concepts; Costing systems; Overhead costs; Supply Chain Management; Business process improvement.
CMA 1E: Internal Controls (15%)
- Governance, risk, and compliance; Internal auditing; Systems controls and security measures.
CMA 1F: Technology and Analytics (15%)
Part 2: Strategic Financial Management
CMA 2A: Financial Statement Analysis (20%)
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis; Financial Ratios; Profitability Analysis; Special Issues.
CMA 2B: Corporate Finance (20%)
- Risk and Return; Long-term financial management; Raising Capital; Working capital management; Corporate restructuring; International finance.
CMA 2C: Decision Analysis (25%)
- Cost/Volume/Profit Analysis; Marginal Analysis; Pricing.
CMA 2D: Risk Management (10%)
- Enterprise risk
CMA 2E: Investment Decisions (10%)
- Capital budgeting process; Discounted cash flow analysis; Payback and discounted payback; Risk analysis in capital investment.
CMA 2F: Professional Ethics (15%)
- Ethical considerations for management accounting and financial management professionals; Ethical considerations for the organization.
To qualify for the CMA, you need to meet certain requirements:Do you qualify?
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
2. Or hold a professional certification. For a list of approved certifications, get in touch with us today!
3. If you are missing education and experience requirements, you can sit for the exams and fulfill the educational and experience requirements within 7 years of passing the exams
It’s easy to enroll with Morgan’s CMA program. We have flexible learning experiences and comprehensive resources made for you.
Explore our learning options.
Find out where, when and how to apply to sit for your CMA exam and activate your IMA membership.
Applying made easy.
Morgan makes sure you receive the best preparation for your exams. Get the lowdown on what to expect, the exam topics you’ll be tested on and tips for success
Bring it on.
To be fully certified, you must have 2 continuous years of professional experience.
And as a CMA you need to maintain your license with active IMA membership and 30 hours (including two in ethics training) of CPE credits annually.
The CMA exam format
tailored to your needs
They Choose Us
Morgan is the choice of businesses, universities and government bodies across the region.
The Morgan Promise
Real Live Classes
Expert instructors in an interactive environment
Endorsed by Wiley & IMA
Study with Wiley, the Middle East’s First Platinum Provider
20+ Years of Experience:
Decades of training successful students
Your Extra Boost
Value added tools & resources designed for success
You Are #1
Morgan cares and supports you all the way