By Morgan International Writers
Choosing a career path can be difficult enough without having obstacles along the way so here’s the top 10 things you definitely SHOULDN’T do when making that all life-changing decision!
- Don’t be pushed into a certain career based on someone else’s experience or advice. No two people are the same. What might perfectly fit with someone else almost certainly won’t fit with you or your skill set.
- Don’t choose a career because either you (or someone else) considers it as being “easy”. You can almost guarantee that it won’t be.
- Don’t choose a certain career because you think it’ll make you a) famous or b) rich. That’s not to say that it won’t, of course, but you have to stay realistic on this. And always remember that fame and fortune isn’t always quite what it’s cracked up to be!
- Never be afraid to explore your individual talents or instincts. More often than not these will almost certainly lead you in the right direction. If there’s something you love doing then pursue it. It doesn’t have to be a six figure salary.
- Never be afraid to challenge your own learning style to reach your ultimate goal. Whilst some students are happy in university others are equally as happy doing a practical job with no academic requirement. Everyone is different.
- Don’t be afraid to explore different careers before you settle on the right one. There’s no formula to achieving this so don’t be afraid to try your hand at more than one career before deciding on which is best for you.
- Never be put off by salaries. To get into the right career you might well have to make a financial sacrifice but remember, money isn’t everything.
- Don’t expect to go into your chosen career without encountering any obstacles because there will almost certainly be some along the way!
- Don’t be too harsh on yourself if you don’t land the career of your dreams. This could be for a multitude of reasons which very often can’t be helped. Instead focus on the more positive attributes you have and turn those negative niggles on their head!
- Finally, don’t ever lose sight of your dreams. If you want to achieve it – you almost certainly can; so never give up hope or aspiration.