By Morgan International Staff Writers
If you are looking to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam, you need to meet specific eligibility criteria first and this is made up of your achievements in both education and work experience. The exams last for about 4 hours and during this time, you would complete a range of questions. As you are entering an exam scenario, it is essential that you understand what is expected from you. Of course, preparing and practicing for the exam is imperative, but you should also make sure you have all the relevant documents and know what is expected of you. These are some dos and dont's for entering the exam room.
- Do make sure you have some ID with you. It should be government ID with a photo and signature, such as your passport or driving license. It must not be expired. If there is no signature or photo, you may be able to use secondary identification, such as a credit card or bank card.
- Do your studying prior to entering the test centre. You won't be able to read up on your study materials or check your mobile phone beforehand.
- Keep your breaks short and sweet. There are no allocated slots for breaks and you won't get extra time for your exam.
- Don't arrive at the exam with bulging pockets, you'll be asked to empty them!
- Whatever you do, don't be late for the exam. If you're late, the chances are that you won't get to sit your exam. Arrive early.
- Don't be too dressed up for the exam. You won't be allowed to wear jewellery, unless it's an engagement or wedding ring.
Less is more
If in doubt, less is always more when it comes to arriving for your exam. Make sure you have the identification required, but don't bother with other extras, as you'll have more hassle trying to get them stored away. Preparation is the key to success with the SHRM exam.
Do you need more information on sitting the SHRM exam? Get in touch and our advisors will be happy to help!