By Bilal Sadiq K
We all know how difficult it can become to cope with numerous things at once; not everybody is good at multi-tasking. You would have been working harder and harder, yet that goal doesn’t seem close enough. This is how this article can help you as it's time you start working smarter, rather than dwelling on hard and long working hours. These 12 tips will for sure help you in attaining your goals the smart way. Master these concepts well in order to succeed.
- Prioritise your life: You must understand that every task comes with a priority tag on it. You cannot simply pile up everything and think of accomplishing them simultaneously. A step by step approach is necessary to ensure that every goal is attained one step at a time.
- Expect failure: Failure is a part of life, and yes, it can get ugly, but you must learn to deal with it. It should not be feared but rather considered as a learning curve.
- Right questions: Always remember to ask the appropriate questions. This way you can save up some time, collect more information, and eliminate unnecessary details.
- Learn to say no: Try to avoid over-scheduling yourself and be more pragmatic about it. You must cut off activities that are not beneficial, tiresome and unfruitful.
- Your Phone: You might be implementing this already, but it’ always worth mentioning. Instead of always referring to your laptop or computer to respond to emails, keep everything updated on your phone in order to save time.
- MACRO usage: Working on excel, and that too very hard? Try learning MACROS to get everything done in single clicks.
- Be concise: Stop rambling, and try to sharpen your ‘elevator speech’, which means telling the entire story in around 30 seconds. Save your time!
- Valuing your greatest resource: If you think your biggest resource is your time, you’re wrong. It’s YOU. You must nurture yourself by getting proper sleep and nutrition. Value yourself!
- Shortcuts: You must have heard people saying that there is no shortcut in life. Well, if you can find some to help get your work done faster and easily then what’s the harm then?
- Avoid procrastination: It’s not a new word to our ears but we all need to avoid delaying and consider prioritisation to get things done.
- Be flexible: Your day might not go as you would have planned that’s okay. Try a new approach without being to harsh on yourself. Be smart about it.
- Diminishing Returns: Understand this term and stop working yourself to the point of exhaustion, where you would not be able to put in more effort. Rest, get fresh, and realise that you might have gotten prone to mistakes, so it’s normal.