By: Morgan International Staff Writers
As a professional you know that six sigma is a complete set of tools and techniques applied for the process improvement. It is not department specific and gets the best results for the organization. However, before the application it is important that your organization gets to know the features so that it can support the model in a way that increases its productivity.
The following are some points that can be used to gather sufficient support for lean six sigma and its implementation in your organization.
- Work at the grass root level to overcome skeptics
Don’t expect your organization to adopt the process as soon as you introduce it to the staff working. Always remember that you will face skeptics in your department that might hinder your plans. Have trust in your abilities, in your plan on making 6 sigma a huge success. Following are some points that would help you out:
- Always remember your organizational culture before marketing the program
- Ensure that your staff understand it well
- Get the management to sell the program to the employees
- Define the process improvement that entails six sigma
- Try to defeat the status quo by marketing the benefits
- If you are in a position then announce employee benefits to show your management skills
- How to motivate the ready staff?
It is advent that the organizations always resist changes that they are unfamiliar to. If you are thinking that how this alien program can achieve success in your organization then follow the points that are mentioned as under:
- There is always some support internally for any program
- Motivate your employees by making them believe that they would ultimately become an asset to their organization
- Financial or advancement opportunities must be promised or provided beforehand if necessary
- Make the employees believe that their positions and work in the organization matter a lot
- Manage the supportive population efficiently and this will lead to even more lead generation
It is never easy to implement lean six sigma in your organization with ease. There are some questions that you should ask to yourself or even the top management and motivated staff. These are:
- How much is the company committed to the program?
- Is it really necessary?
- What are the possible counter arguments which I will be facing?
Six sigma is a complete process shift. If your change management skills are good then it’s not a problem otherwise be ready for strong and massive resistance.