By Morgan International Staff Writers
Logistics have an important role to play in every company, whether you work in the manufacturing, services or public sector. You can learn about intricate supply chains and the workings of different types of businesses. Here are a few reasons you should consider a career in logistics:
- Every day is different- you will work with companies of all sizes and across sectors. One day you could be transporting raw materials to a chemical company, and the next transporting aid to an area after a natural disaster.
- Pay- In the USA, logisticians’ salaries are increasing incredibly, with the average salary hitting $74,000, and you don’t need a degree to achieve this.
- You don’t want to sit behind a desk all day- If you want to develop skills which aren’t necessarily “office-based”, then logistics is for you.
- Start anywhere- there’s no need to be in a specific region or area to work in logistics as almost every organisation in operation will have a need for logisticians.
- Make long-lasting relationships- Logistics is full of people from all walks of life, and given the need to interact on an every day basis with your customers, this could open up opportunities for further advancement and cultural learning.
- Global industry- logistics is a global industry. There are many opportunities for travel, as well as the chance to learn more about how international businesses operate.
- Promotion prospects- the industry is well known for training low-skilled employees and promoting from within over hiring externally. Logistics is an industry based on merit.
- Opportunities are plentiful- Logistics isn’t just arranging transport of a product, professionals can focus on other sectors within the industry such as warehousing, wholesaling and postal services. The industry is truly varied, with there being large multi-nationals, SMEs or government entities for which you could work.
- Jobs are available for people of all levels- You don’t require an advanced degree to work in logistics, with jobs available for those of any skillset.
- Stability- the logistics industry is the backbone of the economy. All companies will always require logistics, so employees can enjoy security that those in other sectors may not.
A career in logistics could change your life by giving you freedom, flexibility and growth not offered from other jobs. To change your life today, check out our courses. https://www.morganintl.com/cscp/#