Considering a Certification in HR? Consider the SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP
Share this article:
By Remie Worrall
The HR sector is becoming more and more competitive as more employees strive to become an expert in their field. With this in mind, let’s take a look at how obtaining a SHRM certification could benefit you.
It Showcases your Commitment to the HR Profession
Taking the time and effort to become SHRM qualified notifies an organization of your dedication to your profession.
- It not only shows that you are committed to learning but that you have the same goals as the company you work for.
It Demonstrates your Knowledge
One of the biggest advantages to getting a certification in HR is the confidence it gives you in your ability to shine.
- Having a SHRM-CP or a SHRM-SCP qualification highlights to employers that your knowledge is up to date and relevant and in turn allows them to measure you against your peers.
- SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP test your knowledge but also your application of this knowledge which in turn proves to employers that you can showcase this knowledge in real life situations.
- These practical skills highlight your ability to use behavioral judgment and understand best practices that you may need to put into action during your day to day responsibilities.
It Improves your Career Prospects
One of the benefits of becoming SHRM qualified is the increased potential for career progression.
- Not only does a SHRM-CP or a SHRM-SCP qualification strengthen your resume and give you an edge over over candidates it can show potential employers your ability to think strategically and encourage them to give you more responsibilities in the workplace.
- A qualification of this kind is globally recognised giving you the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
It Makes you an Asset to an Organization
One of the greatest things about obtaining a qualification of this kind is it can boost your credibility and make you feel like a valued addition to a workforce. It validates your skills and shows an employer that you are an asset to them.
Earning the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential can provide you with a number of benefits from personal validation to positive career prospects. Find out how you can become certified here.