Gain and maintain the CMA Credential
Share this article:
By Rebecca Langdon
You have decided you want a career in management accounting, and perhaps you have already decided upon the CMA program. You may have even completed one or more of the prerequisites to pass the program and gain the accreditation. As a quick reminder, these are the prerequisites:
- Maintain membership in IMA.
- Entrance into the CMA program.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or a related professional certification.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management.
- Complete and pass Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam.
- Abide by The IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.
Assuming you already have a degree, the main effort required will be to pass your exams and also ensure you have two continuous years of experience. Once you are fully qualified, to maintain the accreditation you will need to:
- Maintain your membership
- Continue to abide by The IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
- Undertake 30 hours (including two in ethics training) of CPE credits annually
Perhaps you already have a job you are happy in, or you are seeking your first Accounting role, or maybe you are looking to move to a new organisation. At Morgan International we are first and foremost a training institute and we offer candidates the opportunity to undertake the CMA program. However, we also proudly offer Morgan Connect which is an excellent online platform which brings together qualified candidates with potential employers. It is free of charge for Morgan alumni who have passed their exams, and it can be used to search for new roles and interact with a wealth of globally reputed employers.