Top 20 Reasons Lean Six Sigma Training is Right for You
Share this article:
Published by The Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
At the most basic level, Lean Six Sigma is a rigorous and systematic method of improving
operational performance by leveraging various tools to identify and eliminate defects. Our Lean
Six Sigma (LSS) training has direct and tangible applications in almost all manufacturing
processes but it can also be used to ﬁnd bottlenecks and improve the performance in service-
Here are your top 20 reasons to consider Lean Six Sigma training from Morgan International
and Dartmouth College, Thayer School of Engineering:
1. You don’t need to be a “statistician” to take LSS workshops
2. LSS skills can be deployed immediately – and can be expanded over time.
3. The most basic LSS tools and techniques are very powerful – making process
improvements doesn’t have to be complicated
4. Just creating a basic map of a process immediately uncovers pain points.
5. The analytical problem solving skills you gain during LSS training are what today’s
most cutting edge companies value most in prospective employees.
6. Whether it’s Manufacturing or Service; Sales, Marketing, Finance or administrative
office, virtually every industry or processes can make use of and benefit from
conducting Lean Six Sigma process improvements.
7. Although LSS certified professionals generally work on projects within their functional
areas, their training gives them insight to the eventual impact of internal processes
on the external customer – this skill set is greatly valued by management and will
enhance your career opportunities.
8. LSS training teaches you to manage by facts and data – not just opinion!
9. LSS training helps to build your problem-solving skills… and organizations will
NEVER run out of problems!
10. A bad process will always beat a good person! LSS training helps increase focus on
the process, instead of assigning blame to people that work in the process.
11. LSS training expands your process improvement “toolkit”, and helps you determine
WHICH tool is most appropriate and WHEN.
12. Your LSS training will show you how to apply the tools and concepts in real world
applications. LSS Training & Certification is not just learning – its doing!
13. LSS training is increasingly being seen in job postings as a desired employment skill
14. What you learn in LSS training will not become obsolete… because it’s about
problem-solving and root cause analysis… and problem-solving will never be
15. While you may not need to know how to use every single tool in the LSS Toolkit, the
training creates awareness of the available tools so you’ll know where to go when it’s
time to use a tool you’re unfamiliar with.
16. Working on an LSS project gives you valuable exposure to both the people and the
processes within the organization which increases your understanding of the
business and facilitates valuable connections… and career advancement!
17. LSS is not about eliminating people, it’s about eliminating waste! People often
waste time on activities that do not add value for the customer!
18. LSS Training will help you learn how to avoid implementing someone’s preferred
solution and other random ideas that may not address the problem or the root cause.
19. Lean Six Sigma isn’t just about tools for change. It’s about people too. Tools alone
won’t sustain change. Our LSS training will help you involve the right people, treat
them with respect through collaboration, and implement successful change.
20. Our LSS Training comes with useful templates which facilitate the essential
documentation of the project – and that documentation leads to success and
We hope this list helps you understand the benefits of becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma
Morgan International and Dartmouth College, Thayer School of Engineering’s Lean Six Sigma
training is recognized for its educational excellence by companies and organizations worldwide.
If you have any questions about our programs or would like to enroll, please visit our online